Case Against Alleged Killers of Nigerian E-Hailing Driver Isaac Satlat Grows to Six

Case Against Alleged Killers of Nigerian E-Hailing Driver Isaac Satlat Grows to Six

Isaac Satlat, the 22-year-old Nigerian e-hailing driver whose murder has led to six suspects being charged as investigations continue. Picture Credit: MSN

By Aisha Zardad

Pretoria – The case surrounding the killing of 22-year-old Nigerian e-hailing driver Isaac Satlat has broadened, with three additional suspects added in court, bringing the number of accused to six.

The matter was heard in the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday, where Tumishang Mogau Mabutla, 23, Ofentse Senwamadi, 18, and Thabang Kenneth Mothwa, 27, were joined as co-accused.

Isaac Satlat was fatally attacked on 11 February 2026. The case has captured widespread attention in the e-hailing community, following the initial arrests and subsequent court appearances related to the incident.

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) in Gauteng said Mabutla is facing charges of premeditated murder and robbery with aggravating circumstances.

Senwamadi has been charged with premeditated murder and robbery with aggravating circumstances as an accessory after the fact, while Mothwa faces a charge of robbery with aggravating circumstances, also as an accessory after the fact.

NPA Gauteng regional spokesperson Lumka Mahanjana said the newly added accused allegedly acted in common purpose with Dikeledi Tears Mphela, Goitsione Machidi and McClaren Mushwana, who previously appeared in court on 16 February 2026.

“It is alleged that the three accused, who previously appeared before the Pretoria Magistrates’ Court on 16 February 2026, together with the co-accused added today, acted in common purpose to kill the 22-year-old e-hailing driver on 11 February 2026,” Mahanjana said.

She further alleged that after disposing of Satlat’s body, the accused took his vehicle to Mothwa to have the tracker removed.

“The three newly added accused were arrested on Monday, 16 February 2026, after police investigations linked them to the offences,” she said.

The matter has been adjourned to 23 February 2026 to allow the legal representative of the sixth accused to officially come on record and for all six suspects to appear in court together.

Investigations are continuing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *